||Our Mission: The CIBA Foundation, through its grant program, strives to provide financial and other resources to partner organizations that support its goal of promoting the benefits of safe cycling to the community.|
Many, many thanks to all of you who made our 2017 Fundraising Campaign a huge success. Although the formal fundraising campaign is now history, our fundraising efforts continue year-round. For the sake of those of you who would prefer to give to the cause of safe cycling in the spring or summer, the links to our campaign brochure and to the CIBA site to give on-line remain active. Click here to view our fundraising brochure or donate now by clicking here.
The CIBA Foundation is a charitable organization formed and supported by the Central Indiana Bicycling Association. CIBA, a bicycle club with nearly 2,000 members, initially funded the Foundation to provide its members and other interested parties with a method for giving back to the cycling community.
Since its inception in 1996, the CIBA Foundation has disbursed $447,020 in over 304 different grants to cycling organizations primarily in Central Indiana. Grants are awarded as described below under Grant Application Procedure and Forms.
Donate to the Foundation
If you share the Foundation's desire to support cycling safety and cycling-related causes, your contributions are welcomed. As a non-profit organization, the CIBA Foundation is authorized to accept tax-deductable contributions. The Foundation's goal is to raise $1 million, from which money will be available each year for grants.
Giving to the CIBA Foundation is easy. Contact the Foundation or fill out the donation form and mail it with a check to: CIBA Foundation, 711 Kessler Blvd., West Dr., Indianapolis, IN 46228. Click here to view and print the donation form. This form requires Adobe Reader to view and print.
Did you know? You can now direct your United Way contributions specifically to the CIBA Foundation. The CIBA Foundation, Inc., is an unaffiliated agency, approved to receive designated gifts through the United Way of Central Indiana's Donor Choice Program. Our Agency Book Number is #5425.
The easiest procedure of all is to use a credit card on line by clicking here and following the simple instructions.
Your long term donation goals can be served with a pledge. You may find a form for this purpose here.
To discuss the possibility of including the CIBA Foundation in your estate planning, please contact board member Randy Clark by e-mail at email@example.com or on his cell phone at 317-965-5369.
Many thanks to our most recent supporters shown here. You may also wish to view our Mid Summer 2017 report sent to those recent donors.
Is your organization involved with bicycling? Are you interested in bicycle safety? We would like to help. Review our Grant Procedures and Guidelines shown below and on the Grant Request Form. Let us know how the CIBA Foundation might help you.
Grant Application Procedure and Forms
The objects and purposes for which the CIBA Foundation is organized and for which it will utilize its resources are as follows:
• To inform, educate, advise and promote the general public awareness of the health, recreational, economic, social, cultural and other benefits arising from the use of bicycles and other types of human powered transportation devices.
• To inform, educate and advise the general public concerning matters of bicycle safety.
• To promote bicycling-related non-profit, charitable and educational purposes as deemed appropriate by its Board of Directors.
• The CIBA Foundation prefers to make grants to organizations that will improve bicycling using the purposes listed above as a guideline for funding.
• Although the Board of Directors may revise its guidelines from time to time, grants are generally for $500 to $5,000.
• The CIBA Foundation prefers to give to organizations and projects that will primarily benefit residents of central Indiana and/or Indiana, but will consider applications from other locales provided they meet the general objectives of the CIBA Foundation.
• The CIBA Foundation will accept grant applications for community police bike programs under the following conditions: -A police bike program is being started for the first time. We cannot approve grant requests for existing police bike programs. -The grant request must include a dollar-for-dollar match against funds raised through other community fundraising efforts. -The grant request would only apply to the cost of bicycles and not other desired accessories.
• Grant requests must be submitted for review approximately two weeks prior to one of the twice annual grant review dates. These grant review dates are the first Saturday in March and the second Friday in September. The next meeting date in which we will consider grant requests is scheduled for September 8, 2017, and so we'd ask that you submit any grant requests by August 20, 2017. If you have any questions about this process, please contact us at the address below.
• E-mail pages 2, 3 and 4 of your completed grant application to:
CIBA Foundation, Inc.
441 Billie Lane
Indianapolis, IN 46260
Contact: Dolly Craft at 317-848-5170
Send your website questions and comments to:
CIBA Foundation webmaster